Boy of Streets - Poem by Rojan Dahal


Boy of streets
-Rojan Dahal

Everywhere is my home
Without walls and neither a window
But no smaller than yours
It has all the comforts that the world knows
There is no doorbell nor a door
Not even someone who cares
and to knock
The floor is pitched and some parts green
my food is there and a bed to sleep

Your friends drive pass by
And mine bark at them
All admire your fragrance
But mine they hate

My father is a chef of the god
and mother his maid
Yours work untiringly
But mine they rest
You didn’t choose your life
Neither did I
Your happiness lies
Within the boundaries
Made from the mud of my floor
But mine
fly as high as the sky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMPUTER ENGINEERING NOTES OF POKHARA UNIVERSITY

10 WAYS TO PASS YOUR EXAMINATION WITH GOOD GRADES- STUDY TIPS FOR FINAL EXAM

Priya Sufi (प्रिय सुफी) by Subin bhattarai- Book review